The doctors at Eye & Ear are proficient in medical diagnosis and treatment of all diseases and conditions of the eye. We work with Ophthalmologists that are the best in their field for treatment of cataract and other serious conditions. The following resources provide information on some of the more common eye conditions:
Refractive errors can usually be corrected with eyeglasses or contact lens. Refractive errors include Myopia, Hyperopia, Presbyopia, and Astigmatism, all eye conditions that are very common in most people.
- Myopia: is a condition in which you can clearly see close objects, but distant objects are blurry. The more myopic you are the blurrier your vision is at a distance and objects will have to be closer to you so you can see them clearly.
- Hyperopia: is a vision condition in which distant objects are usually seen clearly, but close ones do not come into proper focus. Hyperopia also know as farsightedness occurs if your eyeball is too short or the cornea has too little curvature, so light entering your eye is not focused correctly.
- Presbyopia: This condition seems to occur suddenly, but loss of the ability to see up close takes place over a number of years. Presbyopia usually becomes noticeable in the early to mid-40s. Presbyopia is a natural part of the aging process of the eye. It is not a disease, and it cannot be prevented.
Cataracts are the clouding of the eyes natural lens. In a normal eye, light passes through the transparent lens to the retina. Once it reaches the retina, light is changed into nerve signals that are sent to the brain.
The lens must be clear for the retina to receive a sharp image. If the lens is cloudy from a cataract, the image you see will be blurred. Some symptoms of Cataracts are or may include:
- Blurred or hazy vision
- Reduced intensity of colors
- Increased sensitivity to glare from lights, particularly when driving at night
- Increased difficulty seeing at night
- Change in the eye’s refractive error
Glaucoma is a group of eye disorders that usually have few or no symptoms and eventually causes damage to the optic nerve that carries information from the eye to the brain. Glaucoma is associated with higher-than-normal pressure inside the eye, if left untreated or uncontrolled; glaucoma first causes peripheral vision loss and eventually can lead to blindness. There are many different types of glaucoma, the most common type called primary open-angle glaucoma.
The treatment of glaucoma is aimed at reducing pressure inside the eye. While there is no cure for glaucoma, early diagnosis and continuing treatment can preserve eyesight. Some of the different treatment options for Glaucoma are:
- Surgery: including Laser Surgery, Conventional Surgery, and Implants
Age-related macular degeneration
Age-related macular degeneration, often called AMD or ARMD is caused by the deterioration of the central portion of the retina, the back layer of the eye that records the images we see and sends them via the optic nerve from the eye to the brain. The retina’s central portion, known as the macula, is responsible for focusing central vision in the eye, and it controls our ability to read, drive a car, recognize faces or colors, and see objects in fine detail. Few people know that this disease is incurable, and is the leading cause of blindness in the United States. There are two different kinds of Macular Degeneration, “Dry” and “Wet”.
- Dry AMD: an early stage of the disease and may result from the aging and thinning of macular tissues, depositing of pigment in the macula or a combination of the two processes.
- Wet AMD: With wet macular degeneration, new blood vessels grow beneath the retina and leak blood and fluid. This leakage causes permanent damage to light-sensitive retinal cells, which die off and create blind spots in central vision.
Over the last few years, we often tend to disregard the significance of good nutrition in one way or the other. Notwithstanding medicines still help us. There are various efficacious medicaments accessible without prescription. Although erectile disfunction is more common among older men, that doesn’t make it ‘normal’. Our article focuses on “www viagra com“. What is the most substantial information you must know about “viagra com“? More information about this problem available at “www.viagra.com“. Erectile malfunction can be a result of a physical state. Even when it has a natural cause, mental health problems can make the disease worse. Before you take the Viagra, tell your doctor if you have had a stroke. If you experiment some other symptoms which you think may be due to this medicament, discuss with your doc.